Rugby Pups Child Protection Policy Statement
Rugby Pups take Child Protection very seriously and have adopted and amended the “Child Protection in Sport” Policy Statement, (www.thecpsu.org.uk)
Rugby Pups acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and Rugby Football Union Safeguarding requirements.
All our coaches are DBS checked. All certificates are available for viewing
The policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children are paramount in all circumstances. It aims to ensure that regardless of age, gender, religion or beliefs, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or socio-economic background, all children
- have a positive and enjoyable experience of sport at Rugby Pups in a safe and child centred environment
- are protected from abuse whilst participating in [the activity provided by the organisation] or outside of the activity.
Rugby Pups acknowledges that some children, including disabled children and young people or those from ethnic minority communities, can be particularly vulnerable to abuse and we accept the responsibility to take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure their welfare.
As part of our safeguarding policy Rugby Pups will:
- promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people
- ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual/s who raise or disclose the concerns
- ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored
- prevent the employment/deployment of unsuitable individuals
- ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.
The policy and procedures will be widely promoted and are mandatory for everyone involved in Rugby Pups. Failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed without delay and may ultimately result in dismissal/exclusion from the organisation.
This policy will be reviewed annually.
Last reviewed January 2019